Random bits, 30 June 2008

  • I can't sleep and I don't know why.
  • Isn't it ironic that the Philippines now imports bajillions of tons of rice from Thailand, when we helped them develop their rice industry decades ago?
  • After about a year of no updates, the blog is still getting hits from people Googling Raffy Ladao. LOL
  • I'm hooked on The Next Food Network Star. I'm rooting for either Shane or Adam. Lisa is too Victoria-Beckham-crossed-with-Dallas-new-money-pretension while Kelsey is too bubbly and perky. Adam is better looking and more charismatic, but Shane seems to be the better cook.
  • Believe it or not, I'm wishing for a day or two of rain. All this smoke from forest fires around Northern CA have made the air so smoky and hazy lately. It almost looks like Manila now. A nice rain would put out the fires and cleanse all this filth from the air.
  • Le Creuset just sent me a postcard offering 35% off any purchase of $100 or more. Hrmmm... New french oven? Braising pan? Those two types are really the only ones I would want from LC right now.
  • My friend April posted an awesome picture of her walking in the sand dunes around Dubai. I'm SO jealous.
  • I can't sleep and I don't know why.