Interview

This afternoon, groggy and half-asleep, I had a phone interview with a really big company that shall remain nameless for now. The hiring manager called me to do a phone screen for a network engineer position with his company. The official title of the job is "Network Operations Problem Management Engineer". Yeah, uh-huh. Whatever the hell that means.

The job sounds interesting, though. Definitely will be more challenging AND more fun than the one I have now. I would be happy if I got the job. Dunno what the pay scale is like, but it can't be any worse than what I'm getting now. (I hope!)

The phone screen went well. It was pretty short. The hiring manager is Filipino, so we talked a bit about Filipino food. Heheheh. Anyway, they want to proceed with a face-to-face interview. They are flying me out to corporate headquarters, about 850 miles north of here. Yes, that's the only hint you're gonna get at this time.

The really big company that shall remain nameless for now has offices down here in Silicon Valley, and if I get hired I will work down here. Maybe eventually I would want to transfer 850 miles north. We'll see. First things first... I need to get hired.

Me excited. Me nervous. Me want new job. Me get to travel for free, if only for a day or two. Ha.